56.5 F
Los Angeles
Wednesday, April 21, 2021

California Radio and Black News Media Network

Great News: California COVID rent relief- 80% of back-owed rent can be paid

OPINION

Great News: California COVID rent relief- 80% of back-owed rent can be paidStarting Monday, March 15, landlords with low-income tenants who have fallen behind  because of the pandemic can apply for California COVID rent relief. They can receive up to 80% of all back owed monies from the period between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. Landlords must also agree to forgive the remaining 20%, and they cannot try to collect the unpaid residual in small claims court or use it to justify an eviction.

California Covid Rent Relief

The $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan package signed by President Joe Biden on Thursday is also expected to bring an additional $2.2 billion in assistance to California in the coming months.

California COVID rent relief –video

For More California news VISIT

Latest News

16-yr old MaKhia Bryant shot and killed by Columbus Ohio Police

Officers were called to the 3100 block of Legion Lane, north of Chatterton Road, just after 4:30 p.m. for...

More Articles Like This